Contact me with your project ideas!!!
email : emily.updowndesigns@gmail.com







Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Bounty of Thanksgiving Beauty


What a lucky lady I was as the decorator of this home... containing beautiful materials and furnishings from top to bottom. The gorgeous pumpkin I found in Berkeley served as the inspiration for the Thanksgiving transformation and therefore had to be the centerpiece for the dining table.


My client had the perfect rusty orange plates for the table setting. The red leaf stamped napkins were pretty but not stiff enough to fold upward, so I bought thick brown satin ribbon to tie around a carefully folded pillar shape.


The rustic pumpkin centerpiece was set upon a taffeta table runner with leaves, and surrounded with gold edged leaves, wicker cornucopias, white miniature pumpkins and colorful gourds, and gorgeous hand blown glass pumpkins.




The wall running next to the main dining table had a granite topped mantle that I covered in Indian Corn, Leaves, Small pheasants, and glass pumpkins.


A side table was decorated for overflow dinner guests


My favorite space to decorate was the mantle over the main fireplace because I fell in love with the minimalist modern painting above it. What a backdrop to work with! To compete with the large scale of the painting I added height with pillar candles and two glass vases filled with acorns and orange Chinese lanterns. Along the mantle I used leaves, orange and white pumpkins and colorful gourds, woven together with a metallic fall ribbon.


Attention to small details is so important when decorating someones home because they have built the space to celebrate their individual taste and feel most comfortable here. Incorporating framed pictures into the holiday decor is a great way to keep the personal element present in the design.
After all, Thanksgiving is a time of reflection and gratitude for life's blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment